Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Front Porch



Last summer I had the opportunity to work with one of my photo clients to create a digital painting of her children. After a couple photo shoots and some major swapping of heads, feet, plants, and children (in photoshop) I came up with the following composition. When you make as many swaps as I did in you have a lot of seams but when creating a painting in Painter you manipulate every pixel in the image, your seams are gone.  In Photoshop there are filters you can apply over the whole image that gives it a painterly effect but you have very limited control. Some day I'll do a quick video presentation on the process and post it on the blog. This painting is 30x40, very big, the biggest piece I have ever done. I think it turned out nice, I was very pleased. Another bonus with digital paintings is that you can print as many as you want and the size can change too. I did however work on a file 30x40, this takes up a lot of space on the hard drive.

2 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

I love this one! Thats really neat? Did you keep the actual location from the photo or did you just create that?

Allie said...

That's so cool! You are so talented. I am sure the family loved it!